Join College of Computing students for a Computing & Society Poster Session devoted to exploring the interface between computing technology and modern societal issues.
The event is an open house; so feel free to drop in!
Poster topics include:
- Crowd-sourcing reputations to rate the accuracy of news organizations
- Technology for allowing neighborhoods to monitor zoning decisions made by city governments
- Detecting pyramid investing schemes
- Discovering and reporting on discrepancies between political polling and social media predictions
- Prediction of catastrophic events (market crashes, political upheavals, food safety events) based on mining of social media
- Tools to help entrepreneurs and independent creators